Spend the summer in the lush, green Catskill Mountains of New York as our camp nurse and become a part of the historic Camp Shomria family; we’ve been camping together since 1928. This position is available for an RN, LPN, PA, or EMT licensed in NY State.
We are seeking an individual who is confident, curious and open to new people and places, flexible in responding to schedule changes, positive and fun and who truly enjoys time with kids and young people, independent but also responsive and who will ask questions, offer ideas, and provide feedback.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates – it’s a fulfilling summer job that will yield experience in many areas of health, treatment, and office/organization skills.
Camp Shomria is rustic, rugged, and committed to a screen-free, out-door experience for campers. The nurse will have free wi-fi, a mini-fridge, and personal quarters inside the infirmary cabin, and is warmly encouraged to take all meals with campers and staff in the dining hall, and to participate in evening activities.
- Our camp is split into 2 sessions, and we are looking for someone who can commit to at least one full session:
- July 2 - 23
- July 23 - August 14
- This is a live-in position at our camp in Liberty, NY - full room & board included, with 3 meals a day offered at our Dining Hall, and you have your own kitchenette in quarters.
- Pay is $1,800/week, and if you have camp-aged children they are invited to join camp for free!
- Distribute daily medications
- Aid in COVID-19 Testing and strategy during camp
- Administer pre-approved medications per individual health forms
- Provide support especially to new campers
- Supervise dietary needs and allergy monitoring
- Maintain medication logs and injury reports
- Communicate with Camp Director about medical inventory needs
- Basic First Aid, and assess the need for next level of care at an Urgent Care or Hospital
- Educate campers and staff about hydration and personal hygiene
- Maintain communication with Camp Director and staff, may need to speak directly with parents on certain issues
The nurse may be required to attend a meeting in person or by Zoom prior to the camp session for onboarding and collaborating on protocols.
- PA, LPN, RN, or EMT with a New York State Certification a must
- First Aid & CPR Certification (we can provide)
- Experience working with kids/youth a plus
- Familiarity with Hebrew a plus, or ability to adapt to unique vocabulary
- Team and community minded individual
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Camp Shomria is an educational institution that is committed to social, economic, racial, political and environmental justice. Although this is not an educational or programmatic position, you should be comfortable in an environment that educates towards these values.
Camp Shomria also has 2 on-call teledoctors and several staff members with CPR & First Aid Certification
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com