Givat Haviva Educational Foundation – Part Time Bookkeeper Posting
Givat Haviva Educational Foundation (GHEF – soon to be renamed Friends of Givat Haviva) is the U.S.-based nonprofit that supports Givat Haviva in Israel, an NGO that has been dedicated to bridging the gap between Israel's Jewish and Arab citizens for nearly six decades. To learn more, visit https://www.ghefpeace.org/, and Givat Haviva’s site at www.givathaviva.org/.
The part time bookkeeper is one of two staff in a small NY office and plays an integral role in handling all aspects of bookkeeping, including tracking, classifying and recording all financial transactions for GHEF. This position includes light bookkeeping for a sister organization, Hashomer Hatzair.
This is a part-time position, with hours expected at 15 hours per week.
Salary range: $1150-$1550/month, subject to experience.
Start date: early December for ample overlap with incumbent for training purposes.
- Manage donations made to organization – record donations and enter information in database and quick books, deposit donations, send out acknowledgement letters to donors
- Manage bank accounts and all transactions
- Prepare monthly financial reports for board
- Manage and process all incoming mail
- Ensure payroll and all related tax reports are executed
- Coordinate with accountant to facilitate audit report and preparation of 990
- Pay all office bills, record and track expenses
- Highest level of integrity and discretion to handle financial and banking data
- Detail orientation
- Proficiency in Quick Books
- Experience working with donor databases. Familiarity with “Little Green Light” Data Base a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line, “GHEF Bookkeeper Position - Your Name.”
No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.