Its been a long time... Well... We are back

Hello all
Its been a long time
During that time we kept on working hard, kept on sending goods into ukraine and to run the volunteers network and the children's centre in Poland
We are sorry for stopping the reports. At some point we where afraid we nagg you.
Well... We are back
Here is the testimony of our member Mir (peace):

“Hi, my name is Mir, I am 22 years old, I am a Ukranian. I grew up, live and study to be a doctor in this beautiful country.

As everyone knows, it all started on February 24 at about 04:30-05:00 in the morning. I didn’t sleep until 4 in the morning and read the news in various telegram channels, at some point they started writing somewhere about the shelling in Mariupol, many people wrote about “terrible and loud sounds” in what happened under this news. I thought it was an informational fake and fell asleep. I slept very badly and did not hear anything from the time when they began to bomb my hometown - Kharkiv. My mother woke me up around 06:30 in the morning and said: “Son, wake up, the Russians are bombing us, the war has begun.” Getting up quickly, I saw her eyes and the bouquet in which she was horrified, her eyes conveyed fear to me.

I myself plunged into a panic, not technologically, how it happened and, most importantly, WHY. Not what to do, how to react and what to do with the family.

I come from a large family and am the eldest child. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters who meet for responsibility, because at the time the shelling began, our father was not in the country, and his flight was just scheduled for the morning of February 24 from Baku to Kyiv.

I decided to call and find out whether it flew or not, but it was not online. We all started to worry. Suddenly the Russians shot down plane, contacted relatives in Azerbaijan. An hour later, we received a message from my father that the plane was landed in Moldova and it would travel along the roads with Ukraine to get to us. A military regime was introduced in the country, and we thought that now it is will be so hard to entrance to the country, but he had some luck lucky, and he passed the border with big difficulties, but passed.
In the end, on February 25, he was next to us.

I was very worried about my younger siblings and my mother, I was afraid that something would happen to them. The youngest is 4 years old, his name is Riza, then there are Ali (8 years old), sister Khadija (9 years old), sister Zeynab (14 years old), brother Mirsadiq (20) and I. The children had a fear of dying, they still have nothing in life they saw, but they knew one thing well, who started the war, who shoots at kindergartens, schools, hospitals and civilians - it was Putin. As the eldest son, I decided to talk with my father about the evacuation of children and mother immediately on the 2nd day of the war, but he was categorically against this idea and did not give the go-ahead to leave the children and mother. I realized that we will be in Kharkiv for now, so we need to go for groceries.

The children were in the basement more often, because we considered them safer there, but due to the fact that an unexpected cold had come in Kharkov, it was damp and cold in the basement.

Soon the children fell ill. So we wandered back and forth for two weeks, and at that time I constantly quarreled with my father about leaving, he called it “cowardice” and insisted on staying in Kharkov, to wait out the war at home. But I managed to convince him.

On March 7, we gathered almost the whole family (7 people), my brother Mirsadik decided to stay in Kharkov with his girlfriend and did not want to go with us, it was impossible to convince him, he firmly said: “I am staying here”, so it was difficult to go without him and say goodbye, because it was not clear what awaits us tomorrow. So we drove only seven people. On the way we had all sorts of thoughts “that the military will stop us”, “a shell will hit us”, “they will shoot the car”, but everything went well and we successfully drove to the city of Kremenchug. Now we are here, in rented apartment and feel in some kind of security, but to be honest, it's hard to go to the city center and watch people walk, continue to live their lives, while my hometown, and most cities are under fire, but this is life, there's nothing you can do about it...

From the date we left, I have already been to Kharkiv 4 times, went to my brother, helped him and returned back to Kremenchug. Its hard to find paid work in Kremenchug, so we try to find at least something. Our life like frozen. Kids visited lessons by zoom, i try to find some job. But my heart is on Kharkiv. There, despite thethreat of shelling, we drove around the city, visited each other, tried to create comfort at home, which was before the war, at least for a couple of hours. And yes, many thanks to Hashomer for helping me in such a difficult moment, thank you for being there and supporting us all, my family and my friends! After the victory, see you at the next European seminars !

Chazak ve Ematz!

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published