We appreciate your patience as we continue to develop our Covid-19 guidelines to ensure maximum physical and emotional safety for our campers and staff this summer. As more research, guidance, and rules comes out from the CDC and NYS DOH, we will work with our Medical Advisory Committee to update our guidelines accordingly. Keep an eye out for a Medical Town Hall before the start of camp, which will answer any pressing questions. In the meantime please make sure to read over this, and our Covid Resource page carefully.
In our last update, we explained our strategy to maintain a Safe Bubble at camp by having one arrival day, strict distancing, and testing procedures in the first week. We hope to effectively weed out the virus so that your children can enjoy as close to 'normal' of a summer as possible. This update will delve into what happens if someone is found to be sick at camp in terms of procedures at camp and financial policy.
After the first 3 days of Cautious Distancing, we will start moving towards a more 'normal' camp experience for all Campers & Staff. That being said, we will maintain the Safe Bubble throughout the entire summer, and are taking this measures to monitor symptoms and limit spread:
- All staff will be trained in understanding and monitoring symptoms, and Counselors will check in with campers daily about how they're feeling.
- Daily temperature checks.
- Limited indoor activity: there will be an outdoor dining tent for meals, and tables outside the Art Room.
- Masks when standing in line for meals, and in the Nurse's office.
- Plastic separation barriers on food lines, with servers.
- Routine cleaning of shared bathrooms.
- Only one pick up/drop off point at the camp entrance for vendors and all others.
IN CASE SOMEONE IS SICK
If someone is showing signs of Covid, make sure to separate them from the group and administer a PCR test. In the meantime, the rest of camp is paused and split into Pods.
- Begin contact tracing immediately. Test everyone they came in close contact with. CDC defines close contact as within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes. At least 3 people on camp are trained in Contact Tracing.
- Clean & disinfect the area used by the person who is sick, including clothing and bedding.
- Camp returns to Cautious Distancing model for the next 3 days (using the 2/3 rule).
- Their own Pod will continue isolated activities for the next 3 days.
The person with a suspected Covid case will isolate in a room in the Nurse's office until negative results are returned. If they are found to be sick:
- Parents/Guardians will be asked to pick them up within 24 hours. Unfortunately, they will not be able to return to camp later on due to the Safe Bubble. You will receive 75% refund for the remainder of camp.
- If you are not able to pick up your child, the camper will remain quarantined for 7 days, followed by another PCR test. The rest of the camp will continue in a Cautious Distancing model for this period.
As camp begins, we will continue to update you on the status of Covid at camp. We will let you know about the results of pool testing, and will let you know if there are any cases. Thank you for trusting us, your child's safety is our priority!